Israeli forces are advancing on the southern Gazan city of Rafah, aiming to destroy what Israeli officials have called the last significant Hamas stronghold. Meanwhile, fierce battles are flaring up against the militant group in previously cleared areas in the north. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday that any Israeli conquest of Rafah is “not sustainable” without a credible plan for postwar Gaza. “A lot of armed Hamas will be left no matter what they do in Rafah,” he said.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *