New York native Steve Buscemi has become the latest celebrity to suffer a random attack on New York City streets.

Buscemi, 66, was reported by the New York Post to have been walking in the Kips Bay neighborhood on Manhattan’s East side last week when a man walked up and struck him.

The broad-daylight attack is just one of the celebrity incidents that have happened over the last few years. Comic actor Rick Moranis, Michael Stuhlbarg (who was in the show Boardwalk Empire with Buscemi), and reality star Bethenny Frankel are among those similarly victimized.

Buscemi had a swollen left eye and face from his attack and was taken to Bellevue Hospital for treatment.

His assailant ran off and is still being sought.

“Steve Buscemi was assaulted in Mid-Town Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city,” Buscemi’s publicist said in a statement to The Post.

“He is ok and appreciates everyone’s well wishes, though incredibly sad for everyone that this has happened to while also walking the streets of New York.”

Cops said the random attack happened around 11:48 a.m. on Wednesday in front of 369 Third Ave.

Buscemi has had a celebrated career. He has appeared in the films Fargo and Reservoir Dogs, and in the TV series The Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm, among many others.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *